the early 1870’s, residents of what was then called Log Pond, met in homes to
worship together. While meeting in homes, the membership grew to about 26.
These charter members decided to build our first building in 1873 on South
Salem Street. The new sanctuary had two rows of seats and a center aisle. Apex
Baptist Church was born as a local body of believers, and was the first
permanently established church in this new railroad town called Apex.
greatly blessed our congregation and used the people in many ways in our
community. The church took a leap of faith in 1912 undertaking the construction
of a new sanctuary designed to seat 350 to accommodate new growth. God
continued to bless and grow His church and we expanded in 1951 and again in 1961.
1987, our present worship center was completed, and we have continued to see God
work in our midst. In 2000, we added our current educational facility that also
houses our fellowship hall and family life center. Through God’s help, our
people have been able to continually impact and reach out to our local
the next decade, the population of Apex is expected to triple and the
possibilities of what God wants to do, through our church, in the lives of our neighbors
are endless and exciting! We desire to remain faithful to our call as a church
to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ across the street and around the world.